Job Role: IT Business Analyst
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science, Numerate science or related field
Age Range:: 25 – 35 years
Minimum of 2-3 years post qualification experience. It is preferable that the ideal candidate possess experience in the Insurance Services Sector.
Job Objectives: IT Business Analyst
The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for creating functional requirements in use cases and coordinate requirements walk-through and signoffs while verifying with user representatives that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties: IT Business Analyst
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects.
- Collect, analyze and validate business or user requirements.
- Act as an interface between the end-users, development team and technical support team.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, monitoring performance and producing all IT project documentation while assuming responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Carrying out market Intelligence research and evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Performing requirements and data analysis using Business Intelligence tools.
- Previous experience in Business Analysis or Systems Analysis.
- Possession of professional qualifications such as CBAP, PBA, CCBA and AAC are an added advantage.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and project management.
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Ability to use Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, Qlik sense, Google analytics etc.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Intermediate competency level in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.