Job Role: Core Application Support Officer
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science, Numerate science or related field
Age Range:: 25 – 35 years
Minimum of 2-3 years post qualification experience. It is preferable that the ideal candidate possess experience in the Insurance Services Sector.
Job Objectives: Core Application Support Officer
To ensure that the Line of Business Insurance Application is continually enhanced and available to Support the organization’s Business and effectively implement the automation of new processes and support the availability, usability and enhancement of existing processes that sustains the organizations growth and underwriting operations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties: Core Application Support Officer
- Assist in planning, coordinating and supervising all activities related to the design, development and implementation of the systems and software applications on the Core Insurance platform.
- Assist in developing integration services using API’s as interface between 3rd party applications and the core-insurance platform.
- Design technical solutions including high level (entity – relationship, data flow) to low level (field structures, database schemas) design on MySQL and MSSQL database platforms.
- Build, configure or customize the technical solution (technical code components and services).
- Ensure compilation of code and components into application and manage automation and monitor application integration as code iteratively goes through assembly and product testing.
- Assist in developing service acceptance criteria. Propose performance levels for new service. Review and verify service requirements with users. Agree and document service acceptance criteria.
- Assist in developing prototypes (to improve envisioning and communication) and proof-of-concept systems (to test technology) to validate potential solutions.
- Management and Delivery of application services while tracking and ensuring all application defects and requirement are promptly resolved.
- 2+ years’ Experience in supporting business critical applications.
- Experience on .NET, PL/SQL, SQL database programming languages.
- Familiarity with REST and Soap Web services.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Intermediate competency level in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.